Monday, May 9, 2011

May They Never Lose Their Splendor

Driving home from a well loved cafe near our apartment with my car smelling like delicious Mexican food, I was taken aback yet again by the gorgeous catalina mountains.  It was pitch black outside and rather chilly at 76 degrees.  I was wearing my favorite gray hoodie, listening to a song which had some beautiful piano solos, and I had my breath stolen once again.  You couldn't see the depth of the mountains with their intricate dips and slopes, yet you could see their jagged ridges.  Whereas the night sky was pitch black, the mountains looked royal blue under the dark night sky. 

You know, I have lived here for almost 6 months which is absolutely insane to think about.  I was so worried that the mountains would lose their splendor, that I would get too used to seeing them and their once magical effect over me would slowly but surely diminish.  Tonight, I was once again humbled and silenced by their beauty.  Every night, the stars and moon illuminate the mountains and saguaros.  I love how silent it is.  Even though we live near Tucson and can always see it's busy life, the second nightfall hits, our neighborhood is enveloped in silence.  It is so beautiful and peaceful.  I can honestly say, I have never been so happy on such a consistent basis in my entire life.  I am always happy here.  I love our life and can't wait to continue building it together.   

I hope that a few years down the road, I am still taken aback by the gorgeous mountains and that I am still silenced while in their presence.  I hope it still makes me thank God that He led me here, that He gave me such a wonderful gift: my husband, and that I never forget how truly beautiful life can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment