Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Is it whole wheat?"... "No but its wholey delicious"

I just got back from a week in NOVA.  Whats funny is that I find more a culture shock going back to NOVA than moving from NOVA to Arizona.  It was great seeing everyone, planning ridiculous amounts of wedding stuff, and simply enjoying spending time with my mom.  I will admit though, I was giddy once I got back to AZ- especially after the horrendous flight.  I was supposed to get back to AZ by 7:15, Dylan would cook dinner, and we were supposed to have a date night.  Well my flight from IAD to DFW arrived on time.  I got off the plane, got on the train to the A terminal and realized that I had to board the next plane in 3 minutes. Yay for sprinting through Dallas airport! Anyways right when I got to the gate they said the gate had been moved [insert more sprinting here] when I got to the new gate it said the flight was delayed for an hour. Crap. My phone had died earlier but luckily I had enough juice to text Dylan: DELAYED PICK UP 8.  Well boarding at 7:05 changed to boarding at 7:45.  Once we all got on the plane we found out that someone had taken something off of it and we had to wait to get the instrument back. Once the tool was delivered we had to re-fuel.  Two hours later we took off.  The flight should have taken 1 hr 59 minutes... 2 1/2 hours later (because of storms in the midwest) and after the captain saying "to our right it arkansas" then an hour or so later "we are currently over mexico"...we touched down in my beautiful Tucson :)

115 more days until we get married! August 7th here we come!

The current bafflement of the Scott/White household is the mysterious stain that appears on almost all of Dylan's work shirts.  It looks like oil but I have washed them several times and the stains are just not budging.  If Lams were still alive I would be calling her in a heartbeat because being superwoman, Lams knew how to get ANYTHING out of clothes- no matter how long the stain had set etc. 

This morning Dylan and I sat down to whole wheat blueberry pancakes :) A few minutes later I noticed that Dylan spilled a little maple syrup on his shirt.  Goodbye shirt no.1.  He went into our bedroom and came out with his favorite white shirt on then noticed that the mysterious stain was on it. Off with shirt number two.  At this point he was getting pretty frustrated and Lord knows I was getting irritated to see that another shirt had been compromised by the infamous stain.  I sat on our bed trying to get a better idea about what said stain could be.  While putting on shirt no.3, Dylan spoke of his frustration with going through two shirts before the day had even started and was interrupted by a pop, then "dammnit!".  I looked up to see Dylan throwing the shirt on the ground and heading back into closet for shirt no.4 (a button had popped off). At this point I started howling which made Dylan shake his head and begin to laugh.

Just one of those days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment