Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cause We're Halfway There...

Coming to you from beautiful Little Rock, AR!

I figure I will start at the beginning of our road trip...our goal was to leave around 2ish.  Yeah that didn't happen.  So at 5pm we started our journey to Blacksburg. 5 hours later I was sitting in Kirst & Ev's dining room snacking on some Bojangles while talking about the craziness of the trip to come, Kirst's job, Ev's class, and OF COURSE my adorable nephews (whom might I add were running around, barking, growling, and getting sprayed with water bottles).  I love those pups.  The next morning we dined on cereal and I had my fix of grape juice.  If you haven't had Welch's grape juice recently...you really need to.  I rediscovered it a few months ago and came to the conclusion that it is frickin delicious.  Seriously- why do we ever stop drinking it?!

Mom and I got back on the road towards Nashville, TN.  If you have the time you should really check out Gaylord Opry's hotel.  Not only does it look like you've stepped into Charleston, SC with all the palm trees, but there is a RIVER running through the entire hotel.  If that doesn't impress you...maybe the BOAT RIDE on the RIVER will.  It's awesome! A few hours later we had dinner with Carolyn and Marie.  I love how no matter how long it has been since we've last seen each other- the second we get back together its like we've never been apart.  I miss them like crazy.  Dinner was wonderful and then we went to a concert at the Grande Ole Opry which was fantastic...including the host who wore only overalls. Love it.

I am currently sitting in our hotel room in Little Rock...it is very pretty.  Well... I am off! Only a few more days until Tucson!

No comments:

Post a Comment